Tuesday, June 28, 2005

GOD CAN DO WONDERS, AMEN!!

I received an SMS from Auntie Bee Kum (my outpost commander) this afternoon, saying that senior commander calls for a meeting this Weds, 8pm… Gosh, of all nights!! Immediately the thought of missing my BG cell meeting made me so frustrated, really… I would usually save my last Weds of the month so I could attend their meetings (they choose to set aside the last week of the month for this guy, Andrew to come and minister to us)… Really love his humble sharing and thoughtful encouragements… But looks like I have to decide fast, and when I asked Commander Theresa if the meeting that she called for was compulsory, it looks like I really didn’t have the choice but to miss Andrew’s sharing this time around… Shoot!! You can imagine me sulking, and once in a while letting it out on my poor, innocent customers... Sorry, but that's what happens when Elaine's in a bad mood, so it's just too bad... But who cares, not like they can see me, haha... Now u get the hint: DO NOT try and irritate me at de wrong time, or else... Thank God my parents didn’t catch my “long face”, otherwise I'm doomed to hear a learn-to-set-your-priorities-right lecture, hehe…

So, anyway, I called up a friend from BG to find out… Just in case, if God was on my side, the meeting with Andrew was cancelled, or at least postponed... It was just a thought that it’d be so wonderful if they would suddenly decide to do something else this week (psst, I didn’t even pray and ask God to do something about it, coz then it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of them… plus I would have sounded like a selfish freak)… Like I said, just a thought… He is such a humorous God, I tell you…

Since I remembered that I actually left something with him last month, I called to check if it was still with him, and whether he could pass it to anyone of the BG residents this Weds, since I will not be able to make it… (Thank God I called him to check, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten this good news, hehe...) Guess what he said? Err, I'm really sorry Elaine, but I won’t be able to make it this Weds coz I have to attend one of my cell members’ wedding dinner…” Wah liao!! I know I'm such a bad person, but here’s the truth, and nothing but the truth: I was SOOOO happy that I couldn’t stop smiling the whole day… Imagine me facing the computer and smiling to myself, you’d probably think I'm siau!! Lord, you’re amazing, man!!

The good thing is I can still (I have to, anyway) go for the leaders’ meeting and
not miss Andrew’s sharing… Ain’t that wonderful? It DEFINITELY is to me!! Ah, the hand of God working wonders… *winkz*

No comments: