Saturday, June 18, 2005

BAD MANNERS... HOW BAD CAN IT GET?

Whoa, today damn stress!! I really hate it when people "pass me around" on the phone without even trying to at least find out what was it that I really wanted... And worst of all, before even getting to the person I wanted to speak to, the very first person came back on the line, and her response would be like, "Oh, you still there ar? Err, wait ar, I sambung you again..." (and don't forget that every time a person came on the line, wether or not she was the first one who picked up the call, I had to repeat my greetings & re-introduce myself) Please don't waste my time, nonsense!! And the other thing is, not that I'm condemning you (the receiver), but shouldn't the company screen the people that they wanna employ as a receptionist? They are the core people, alright?? Grrhgg!! You wouldn't want bad reports about your company coming back to you (or worst still, reaching your MD) saying what a bad human relation the staff in your company has and end up having a whole list of comments about so-and-so being rude or whatever... Sorry, too bad, one bad rep for you there already...

I greet the receiver Good Morning, their response was like, "Ya?" and as I finish my sentence, they reply (in mandrin or cantonese), "Sorry ar, you say what ar...?" Whoaliao, what?? U no speaking English?? Oh gosh, how bad can that be??

I've learnt that communication is the most important tool in today's society, and yet there still are people who have been in career world for decades who don't even have a single bit of communication skills, or at least basic manners... Didn't their teachers (in school), or bosses for this matter, train them on communication skills or at least how to deal with people when it comes to work etiquette? Gosh, that's bad!! Sentences or replies like, "No lar, my boss not in lar!! Anything, speak to the secretary lar, I not free now lar!!" And "pap", the phone slams in your ear!! Wahliao...If you consider that an insult, let it be, but I think a Primary One school kid can do much better...

Anyway, gotta go get ready for cell, so chiao first... Catch up later...

No comments: