Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SICK & TIRED!!

How long will this have to go on? How long more do I have to be working from home, helplessly depending on the streamyx connection to determine my income? I know some older adults would tell me that my blaming the internet connection is a childish act. But you’ve got to be in my position to understand the frustrations when the line faces interruptions. Perhaps my parents have seen me being distracted by mails coming in and friends buzzing me for a chat. But that doesn’t mean I neglect my work altogether. Which is better? Being able to work (that’s if the connection chooses to behave itself), with occasional freedom to do other things or not being able to work at all?

Just when I mentioned about the Reader’s Digest job requiring me to call overseas (here again, I need the streamyx), I’m put into these kind of stress! They need it done fast, but what can I do? The connection was all fine until it started raining and my dad was rushing me to switch the streamyx off. See the trouble? My work is stranded once it starts raining and thundering. I HATE to switch it off because I know this is what I will get after every switching off. Now after four hours, I’m still not connected. Grrgghh!! I’m fed up!! I want something new, something totally unrelated to streamyx.

My mom brought the Tadika Grace issue up again over lunch. I really miss that job. An ideal job like this is what I am looking for. Administrative nature which does not require streamyx, and where distance is not really an issue. Plus I will be in an environment full of children. It brought back memories, good and bad. I wonder what made her bring that up again. Well, of course the bad ones have long been forgotten. It’s more than two years, Mi. As all the memories flooded back in, I wish for a similar job. I am looking into it. If I ever had to make “a big switch” for a similar job, and if it is God’s will to begin with, I am willing. Some “things” got to go in order for new ones to come in.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea.. sometimes it's frustrating to deal with things we can't control.. just hang on there gal.. patience is virtue =D

Elaine said...

hahaha.. i guess this advice from u doesnt oni point to streamyx, huh? hehe :p i really can't afford to be terlalu patient tho.. my income will hurt if i dun get to work ALL BECOZ OF STREAMYX *lol*