Friday, October 13, 2006

My Jesus matters more…


Is it true that after you’ve reached a certain age, your status is something to “worry” about? Single, Attached, or “In the process”? It tickled me to see how concern one can get about me where this issue is concerned. I have left this issue behind my mind for some time now, also leaving it in God’s hands. Like Alvin said, “Leaving this department to God.” But ever so recently Kenji decided to be cheeky and started asking me about how I was progressing. Hmm. Not that I mind. It just shows that he is concerned, heh.

It is something rare for a superior to ask his employee about very personal stuff. Not with Kenji though, haha. He asked, he listened. He teased. He also commented. Very sporting, I would say. Since he asked, I shared with him bits and pieces of what has been happening. Conversations with him about relationship issues has really made me think of my own mentality and standards and what I really wanted as far as such a commitment is concerned. [ooh, I found out that he doesn’t only interrogate me. According to him, his other assistant, Siti, gets “equal treatment” as well. Hmm.] Ok la, interrogate is a wrong word. Let’s just say he is curious :p

No doubt, I cannot avoid this topic forever. People tell me I’ve “got to start somewhere.” But it is easier said than done. Many of my friends have shared their experiences with me, which is really a good eye opener. Being in a relationship requires a lot from both parties and the main question is “Am I ready?” “Is he (whoever he is) ready?” Perhaps I appear to look cool and calm about this whole issue. That is merely because I have decided to “let God be God” and “leave this department to Him.” Quoting my sis and Alvin respectively there, hehe.

For now, my Jesus matters more *winkz*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"let God be God".

something i have to remind myself EVERY single day, because i have to admit that it's terribly hard to actually really stop worrying. i mean, really stop. it's hard because sometimes we long for better things to come our way, yet at the same time we wanna have the faith in Him to do whatevre He wants with our lives. it's prolly gonna be a long, long way... but i guess sometimes, it really might be worth it after all...? we really wudnt know...

some might say that im an ideallistic person... i beg to differ. i just wanna be someone who holds on to hope, tho it may not be easy.

thanks for always being there to listen, "fei po"! *-) heheheh. love ya!

*hugz*

-SaoMangKai*-

Elaine said...

wat fei po? XD hahha.. anyways, ya i agree with u abt having to stop worrying.. all i knw now is that my head tunggang terbalik liao luu, hehehe..

i knw i have wasted sooooo much time, i bet u knw it too :p i juz wished this will be settled once & for all la..

for now, this fei po better try and get her "marred image" right, hahaha.. luv ya too!

~ fei po ~