Thursday, October 19, 2006

More than just a job…


I’ve never realize how time flies by so quickly. 9 months ago on the 25th of January 2006, I was all jittery and nervous, not knowing what to expect, when I was selected to work for JICA project, collaboration with the Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat Malaysia. 9 months down the road, I feel a sense of lost when I have to give it up for a better job elsewhere. But then again, people grow and progress from one level to another. Perhaps this new job is a foundation on which my future will be built.

Today is my last day and I will definitely miss everything that has got to do with JICA, or even JKM. When I broke the news to Kenji, he was all smiles for the fact that I found something that will benefit me better. Now he has to go in search for another assistant, haha. I had to follow up on outstanding task and assignments before leaving, so it was quite a busy day for me. Nevertheless, lunch break was really good. He’d told another pegawai OKU, Joy, about my leaving, and had asked her to come along for a small farewell lunch. It was simple yet awesome, I must say. He suggested Japanese food, and yeap, it totally suits me, haha. The sushi was the best, hehe. Thanks, Kenji. Thanks, Joy!!

This job is definitely more than just a job. It is a learning ground. It is also a character building tool. It is a stress relieving station, albeit it’s a work place, somewhere away from home. A place where I get to release “things” out of my mind when Kenji decides to get me talking about unavoidable life’s events. I’ll definitely miss such a caring “counselor” when advice and opinions are needed. He had said that if I were to ever decide to go back and work with him, I am always welcomed, haha.

Whatever it is, I am grateful for that support. A promise I make. To God, to my loved ones, to Kenji and to myself: I will do my very best, for a job that I will love *winkz* thanx Mi & Di!! Arigato gozaimasu, Kuno-san!! Stay in touch!!

No comments: