Monday, July 18, 2005

3-in-1

FRIDAY, 15th = PLEASANT SURPRISE… YAY, MAN!!

Wow, what a way to remember this special day… Talk about suddenly’s & pleasant surprises, hehe… Other than this day being my dad’s burfday (happy burfday, daddy *winkz*), there’s Corinne who CALLED ALL THE WAY FROM CANBERRA!! *hugzz* Wow… Well, it’s sooo good to hear her voice again after so long, haha… Chatted for quite a while… Talked about some certain stuff that I emailed her yesterday, and I gotta admit that I was actually letting out on her… Sorry, dear, but I just cudnt tahan that particular incident!! Grrghh, that person really stretched me to my maximum limits man… I agree with you that she’s super possessive kuasa dua (now where did that come from? haha) Ever since I knew her, it has been that way, just that I wasn’t too bothered about it… But somehow the whole condition deteriorated!! But thank God you were there to “hear” me out, haha… So, we quarreled today… I mean this particular friend (you know who I mean) and I… Just after I hung up the phone with you, she called me (she was already buzzing me on msn and missed calling me on my mobile, accusing that I was avoiding her… “How come I couldn’t get through the phone? Do you know that I have some urgent stuff to talk to you about what our boss said to us in the msn just now?” Yeah, right? How urgent can it get? Pleeasse, gimme a break, will ya? So when I said I was on the phone with a friend from overseas, she said, “You lied!! Otherwise, why would you be able to reply the msn when boss msg-ed us?” Wah liao, what the crap??!! Come on, man, seriously... Gimme a break lar, ok? Everyone has the right for personal spaces... Haiyoh... Anyway, let’s not bring up that sickening topic, k?

Anyway, bringing my attention back to Ms. Corinne M. Y. Kong, I recalled the times when you were still back here in Malaysia… Whoa, at the rate we were chatting, the phone bills have definitely shot up… But it was all great fun to know that after each phone call, we got to know a lil more about each other, and with that our friendship is brought to another level… Also remembered those times when we hung out at One U, just chilling and updating each other about the happenings in each other’s lives… Whoa, you could really dig the stories out of me, heh *winkz* The greater satisfaction is to know that we could chat about anything at all, and be rest assured that it will only be between both of us, no “intruders” allowed, haha…

Just four days ago, I was talking about a having a best friend from the opposite gender, and today it’s gurl’s stuff, yay!! GURLFRIENDS RAWK, man!! It’s really cool to know that you could get along well with someone, even more interesting, and challenging when both parties are from different character background and yet still manage to click pretty well… Imagine one being the talker and the other one the listener (we definitely make a good pair, right? ahem ahem!!) Rather than both the talker, which will end up a havoc… Haha, just crapping… Or both the listener, which means there won’t be anyone talking… Whoa, how can that be? Terrible!! It’s either gonna be super noisy or super quiet, hehe… Oh yea, I'll definitely be keeping you in my prayers about that certain desire of yours…

Well anyway, all in all, today’s a great day (I won’t let such a lil quarrel ruin my wonderful, memorable and meaningful day)… Thank You, Lord for granting me with friends whom I can count on for encouragements and support all through… Amen!!

SATURDAY, 16th = OUT THE WHOLE DAY, HAHA…

Had a picnic today with my Ranger Kids cuties *winkz* Theme’s Teddy Bear… Though I did not participate much in the activities, it’s really fun even to just watch… Cool, the best part was the Telematch, hehe… The kids were divided evenly into color groups, namely BLUE, BROWN, PURPLE, BLACK & RED… Each of the commanders was supposed to be in charge of one group, and mine was purple… Like I said, it was a telematch and so they were competing hard for the points, and mainly to win, haha… It was really close, between PURPLE & err, BLACK I think (if I'm not mistaken, it was Lee Yen’s group were we competing against)… on a side note, juz another pic i cudnt resist but post it up ere, aha!!


Ended up to be a tie, so we were to compete for another round to decide the winner… Seeing that they were already on the losing team, they looked like they kinda gave up… No, I'm definitely not gonna let them go back disappointed, so I just cheered them on, gave them a lil pep talk, and reminding them of the Ranger’s Motto… To be “ready for anything”… they looked semangat a bit, after that little encouragement, and I could see the kids were trying their best to compete for that last point…

PURPLE BEAR (and the other team as well) consist of rangers from different age groups, and so I could see that when one member of the group (esp those from ranger kids) was playing their part, the rest of them were fully showing their support by cheering the participants’ names… see, even kids know how to be sporting and supportive… so, never underestimate them, those smart fellas, hehe… *pics still in the process*

Then came the awaited moment – the COA (council of achievement)… Senior commander announced their names and they each went out to receive their awards, proudly witnessed by their parents… Speaking of parents, we also had a great time getting to know them and chatting about the progress of their child (in every aspects of their lives – mental, emotional and spiritual)…

Oh ya… Forgot that there were a few pics taken with the Chin (uncle peter) family & Lee (auntie deanna) family... all of whom are pretty and handsome people, hehe…



All in all, we had a really great time… One thing’s for sure: the Lord is gracious!! He provided us with good weather all the way, no rain, and not too hot as well… Yeah, man!!

Later in the evening

The members of BG were invited for an annual dinner (invitation by Ps. Tan from Zoë’s Fellowship) To me, it sounds something like an NECF gathering, where Christians from different homes and organizations come together for a time of sharing and fellowship… The “Zoë’s Fellowship 6th Compassionate Dinner” was held at Restaurant Taman Rashna, in Klang... first was a time of worship followed by songs and presentations by members from various homes… Here again the worship songs truly ministered deeply to me, particularly Jesus, Lover of My Soul, which clearly states that only Him and Him alone will be the Lover of my soul… He shall be the only firm foundation on which I set my focus, holding on and never letting go of Him… eventho the whole world will fall behind me, no matter what happens, my comfort and assurance of knowing that everything will work out for the good of those who trust and believes in Him…

BG PJ (which was represented by three OKU’s) performed a wheelchair dance, with background music God Is In the House from my favourite band, Hillsongs, yay!! *pics still in the process*

We also had a guest speaker, Rev Wong Kim Kong who spoke on How to Deal with Our Physical & Emotional Scars (since it was a gathering of PWD’s… there were volunteers as well – we needed them to bring us there anyway, hehe – so, to them it’s not so much the physical but the emotional side)… He was also a PWD himself, so he was indeed speaking through experience… To PWD’s, a scar would probably mean the existence and/or damage done by the disabilities in our lives… And for some of us, these scars would only be temporary, whereas to some others, it would probably be a life-long thing… Even so, are we able to look at it as a tool to reach out to others, instead of taking it negatively? Do we blame God for what has happened, or do we look at it at the brighter side, and as a challenge that eventho the disability is there, we could still go on serving the Lord in our own special ways?

Referring to Isaiah 52:13-15, “See, my servant will prosper; he will be highly exalted. Many were amazed when they saw him – beaten and bloodied, so disfigured one could scarcely know he was a person. And he will again startle many nations. Kings will stand speechless in his presence. For they will see what they had not previously been told about; they will understand what they had not heard about.”

It all depends on our mindset and the way we look at situations… Whether we’d take it positively and fight the journey of life til the end, or let the negative effects of the disabilities take it’s toll on us… So, it was his challenge to us that we stand up for ourselves despite the disabilities!! I guess it has truly made us realize the importance of making a difference in our own differences, haha… Praise the Lord for such a fruitful night, rather than spending time at a place where I wudnt have gained such wonderful encouragements (was actually supposed to attend a house warming party at someone’s place, but since a conflict has occurred between us, there’s no point showing up, which would only ruin the whole atmosphere)…

Looking forward to the same annual gathering again next year, haha…

1 comment:

redphayze said...

lots and lots and lots of *teddy hugs*

and yeah!! rawk on RK for using the theme of TEDDY BEARS!!! ahahahha....i should've been there...jadi the mascot ;P

take care, k? and keepin' u in prayer too =)

*teddy hugs*