Saturday, September 23, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, J-SON!!

[this post is almost a week late because of the problematic streamyx connection. Grrrggh!!]

Lynda, the Praise Givers birthday organizer had planned for a surprised birthday gathering for their beloved cell leader, J-Son and had invited Light House to join in the fun. To go or not to go? Contemplating between the two I had initially settled on the latter since I was working in JICA on that same day. Besides I did feel a little tired in every sense – physically, mentally and emotionally. But after much thinking, I decided that staying home wouldn’t help much either so I might as well just be around some fun.

I lost the video that I took on the joke they played on J-Son, so no chance of viewing. All I know is that poor J-Son was sporting enough to play along to it. One thing I noticed is that with DUMC young adults, there’s no escaping your birthday “torture”, haha.


OMG!! I cant believe they got me this thing and made me look 9 instead of 29, haih…




You guys better be careful ar, bullying me like that… I’m your cell leader, you know? Haha…

They made him some “special drink” and got him to take it down. Look at his fearful face, haha.


Eeeww, what’s this?? Am I really supposed to take it down?



Now, what else are they up to?? God, help me!!


Well, there begins my “nightmare”.

The fact that they were willing to spend extra cash on an extra birthday cake proved it all, heh. The cake was meant for his whole head to be smashed in it *lol*

an occasional “facial mask” is good for your face la, J-Son!


Well, only to have dinner at Marco’s Pizza was not enough. Their next plan was bowling at One Utama. Three teams compete: The Praise Givers, Light House and our special guest featuring the Father’s Garden.

I had actually wanted to give it a try, just one shot at the pins. Something new for me, who knows? But even the lightest ball was heavy for my strong right arm, hmm. I wanted to find an excuse to let out and I thought hitting the pins was a good way, haha. Well, I guess sitting there looking at them score should be good enough. I would occasionally let out a cheer for whichever team hits it, but that’s about it. The fun stops there. One from the Praise Givers and another from Father’s Garden came by to see how I was doing, but sorry my dears, I wasn’
t up for any small chats then, heh. So anyway, we had some first timers and a few other experts. But all were seen putting great effort in to win the championship.

Anyways, more “surprises” for him at the bowling arena. With that board in hand, he was supposed to go round getting signatures of 17 different people. Strangers were friendly and sporting enough to comply to it, heh. With a few supporters following closely behind showing encouragement, he was game enough to be willing to be “tortured and humiliated” (that is what I love him for – his sporting attitude ;p). I bet it was more fun having his darling Esther tagging closely behind, occasionally encouraging and cheering for him.



After 2 whole games, we finally had a winner. The Praise Givers were unbelievable, Father’s Garden equally fantastic. Ooh, Light House just rock for winning the championship, hehe. What else, pose abit lah, keke. So we present to you the champions for this round: (L to R) Peter, his darling Nicole, J-Son the birthday boy, Connor, Roland (he's Alvin Toh's cousin from another cell in another totally different zone, so since he
doesn’t have a team, the Light House gang pulled him in with them), Evie and myself juz stealing the lime light, haha.

Anyway, Happy Birthday, J-Son!!

Finally, this is the “real” cake.

She is Lynda Ling, the “culprit” behind all this. Good job, Lynda. I think I might need to get you to impart in me some ideas like that. Half as crazy is more than enough. Haha. Or maybe I just get you to plan for my next member’s birthday *winkz*

And so, I present to u the MD’s (Mommy & Daddy) of Praise Givers cell group. Aren’t they a sweet couple? Aaawww…

No comments: