Saturday, September 09, 2006

DO WISHES COME TRUE?


Here I am trying to encourage a friend in the midst of her down-ness, there I am having uncertainties myself. All these uncertainties have been around since the past 4 to 6 weeks. I saw myself slowly coming out of the moodiness when I noticed some changes in myself since the last week of August. Or so I thought. Could I have been only trying to bury it deep down without resolving the issue, in the hope that it would soon go away if I do not pay attention to it?

Do wishes come true? Is it true that only good people get their wishes granted, and the rest of the not-good-enough people will be put on hold or on a waiting list? Reading Peter’s latest entry on
the irony of fulfilled wishes, the thought that came to my mind was “will I ever be able to say the same for myself?” From every aspect – physically, emotionally, spiritually – I’ve been having wishes & desires ever so recently. I want to see them come to past for the Lord, but nothing seems to be happening.

I feel happy for Peter, having all his wishes & dreams come to past like he said. But then again, it made me reflect on my own life, just to see that nothing of such sort is happening. My mom told me this morning, that I gotta learn to have more self esteem. So is it merely because I don’t believe in myself much enough for God to give me all that I wanted? I am reminded of the peak season in my life that everything sailed smoothly in the sea of favour from God. The last half of 2005 over to the first half of 2006 was a blast but what is happening now?

2 wishes, just
TWO!! Is it too much of a request? Or does God see it as a demand? Is He not going to give it to me at all? I wish… I wish *sigh* All I can say is I envy you, Peter.. Haha..

No comments: