Thursday, August 10, 2006

Staying Clear of Troubles

Come to think of it, I have not been to Beautiful Gate (bg) for months now. My visits there gradually grew from daily to weekly, since I started working from home and do not need to go there as often anymore. Then from weekly to monthly, but now, I don’t even go there once a month. Is having no transport a valid excuse? It could be a yes, it could be a no. Some of the inmates suggested that it was probably because a good friend of mine has moved out from there, so I no longer have close company if I do make it there. I can't stop them from judging or assuming. All I know is that I just wanted to stay clear of trouble, haha. Some said I have become “sombong” over time. Hmm…

I used to make it a point to go for their fellowship (something like cell group) every Wednesdays, especially the last Wednesdays of the month because there was this volunteer who was given the honour of sharing on the last week monthly. Remember Andrew? Now that he is somehow out of the picture, I kind of lost interest in making that commitment, heh. Of course there were times when they would call me to go along for events where translation from Mandarin to English was needed and I would be glad to help. But looks like situations have changed.

I have heard, seen and known people come and go because of disagreements with certain parties and the way things are carried out. Unreasonable cases of human relations caused me to keep a lookout for myself, just in case I would face the same predicament. That is the main reason for my staying as far as possible from T-R-O-U-B-L-E *lol* I have also been faced with various irritating individuals who have not stopped bugging me, all of whom were somehow linked to that place, directly or indirectly. One after another *sigh* I just got a call while at dinner 2 nights ago, but due to the fact that we had guests over, I did not answer that call. Truth be told, I didn’t WANT to answer it, knowing the reason behind that call (I love mobile phones, we get to screen through the calls. We get to answer/reject calls, depending on the urgency). This is the third case where I’ve received unwelcome calls, which made me so sick of looking for ways to avoid it.

When will all these mind-boggling issues end? Or will it never end? Do I have to get to a point of lying to squirm my way out? I know it’s not right to do that but if it would save me the emotional trouble, I wouldn’t mind an occasional “white lie” though. Besides, it worked the previous time I played that “trick”. Even up til now, as I play along, feeding a little lie here and there, it saved me a whole lot of effort trying to resolve the “problem”. Perhaps it is what I should do to stay clear of troubles once and for all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o dear.. i didn't come and visit for a week already got soo many post.. keke..

Elaine said...

wahaha XD so many? no la :p anyway, the last few were really random posts, coz nothing to talk abt *lol*