Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sleeping With the Enemy!!


The best thing to do after a long day is to rest your heads on that cozy little pillow of yours and just fall into deep sleep. But then the worst thing that can happen, with the worst feeling ever, is to wake up and find that the enemy has attacked your territory. I was awaken at the crazy hour of 4+ a.m. by my sis standing stoned at the foot of my bed with fear in her eyes. She was actually doing her assignments on the computer when she found that a cockroach had entered my room, eeewww!! Still in a blurry & sleepy state, I thought she had merely wanted to take my make up set without waking me, but when she repeated the word, I immediately jolted up in my bed wide awake by then. There it was in the middle of my room, that stupid cockroach!!

I swore I would have screamed if it wasn’t for the fact that my parents were still sleeping. I was panicking when it didn’t go any further but instead inch closer to my bed. “Please! Please don’t fly!” were our desperate cries. We (I mean she) spent almost an hour trying to kill that stupid thing. When she told me, “This was not the one I saw. I saw a bigger one. Which means there could be another one in here, che,” I told her to shut up and quit the jokes only to see a bigger one come charging in from outside!! OMG!! I quickly squirm my way under the blankets, just in case it starts flying all over. My sis was holding a file in her hands heavy enough to squash that stupid thing if it ever came nearer. Never, never was I gonna get down from my bed if it is going to stay there and not budge!! But it never did. Instead it freaked us out when it “got lost” on the way out and went into my bathroom instead. Oh, man!!

With one of them in my bathroom (thankfully it found it’s way out a while later) and the other already out in the hall, I knew for sure that my sis would never risk entering the bathroom for morning routines. So I made her watch out for the gaps beneath my door as I rushed for a quick shower as early as 6.30 a.m. before she went over to a friend’s place to “borrow” the bathroom. What a day to begin with, haih. Hopefully we won’t have to go through the same ordeal again tonight, kekeke.

I HATE creepy crawlies. Call me a freak, but even lizards make me paranoid. What more cockroaches. Why on earth did God create them if they are pests, only meant to destroy stuff? Haha.

2 comments:

*esther* said...

that night was hell for me. man... and hey, why on earth would i wanna be using your make up at 5+ in the morning?

next time im just gonna run up my room and leave u with the cockroach. =P ehehehehehehe...

Elaine said...

ahaha, using my make up at that hr? no ler, who knows, u're already done with assignments & wanted to catch some sleep b4 waking up for coll again? so, go pinjam it at that hr lo :p

aawww, come on.. wud u sampai hati see ur beloved sister suffer ALONE with that stupid thing? perhaps then u wudn't even be able to sleep with me screaming my lungs out downstairs *lol*