Thursday, October 06, 2005

OPEN DOORS...

hmm, was scheduled for a hospital appt yesterday and my mom was already hinting that she would not be there the whole time to wait til I finish my session, since she had some stuff to do at home… so, I had to handle myself, after where she left me (at the registration counter)… well, all in all, it was a good experience doing it all by myself, hehe… kinda sesat la, but at least it gives me a lil more exposure, and I’d say a preparation ground for me when December comes, haha… just cant wait… s’pore, here I come!! Yoohoo… nah, was just crapping… how could I compare s’pore, which has so much exploration waiting for me, to a frequently-visited hosp? haha ><

Now, as I was making the “transit” from physio therapy (PT) to occupational therapy (OT) [btw, those are terms referring to de various therapy i had to go thru to improve my physical condition], I met one of my ex kindergarten student, shafikah (when I was teaching in the Spastic Children’s Association a couple years back)… how could I not remember/recognize her, that adorable lil girl, haha… She didn’t seem to have any idea who I was and besides, there was a doctor attending to her, so I just said goodbye and left, not wanting to distract…

Then as I was waiting for my parents to come pick me up, met her parents while they were arranging for her next appt at the reg counter… so, I managed to catch up a lil with them and on how shafikah was doin… she’s grown so much now, in Standard 3 edi… but then, hearing the stories frm her parents really made me think back of my own schooling years and be thankful that I had real proper primary & sec education *smilez* yes, initially, it was tough for us too… my dad tried applying for me to enter a normal school, but there were some problems with the head of the school not wanting to take me in, reason being they were uncertain of what to expect with such a situation… but somehow, after my dad reaaally insisted for me to study there, they took me in, and I was having fun going to school and mixing around, haha… knowing me, i juz love making frens, so dat was the fun part *winkz*

The same happened to shafikah… parents took her out of the Centre, thinking that it would be a good chance for her to try mixing and learning in a normal sch, together with the rest of the other normal kids… putting her disability aside, she’s indeed a smart & intelligent girl, and can really do well, if there were proper guidance in her education… there and then, this tot came to mind… I cant be sure of whether or not it was from the Lord, but the idea was that I can start a tuition class, see if there’s anything at all I can do to help Shafikah… (haha, here again, I'm dealing with kids *winkz*) hmm, well… gotta pray hard for an answer frm Above!!

Someone suggested this to me some time ago, when I just quit my admin job in Tadika Grace Community a.k.a. TGC (a kindy supported by my church)… but somehow, it didn’t quite work out… I guess partly coz I wasn’t prepared, being a TOTAL freshie, and didn’t know what to expect… but after having a lil experience with my cousin somewhere during de hols last year, I'm kinda ok with the idea, so just see where He leads la, hehe… hmm, so that’s my new aim for the moment *smilez*

No comments: