Wednesday, October 05, 2005

FOUR TYPES OF PEOPLE...

It’s more fun viewing the website itself directly coz there’s music and animation… either way, it’s your choice *winkz*

http://wang-yuan.nease.net/wygs.htm

originally in mandarin... translation provided... haha ><

人的一生会遇上的四个人…
Through our lives journey, we will meet four types of people...
人生就是为了找寻爱的过程,每个人的人生都要找到四个人。
Love is something we search for, and there are 4 kinds of people.

第一个是自己,
First is yourself,
第二个是你最爱的人,
Second, your loved ones,
第三个是最爱你的人,
Third, those who love you dearly,
第四个是共度一生的人。
Fourth, is the person you share your life with.
首先会遇到你最爱的人,然后体会到爱的感觉;
In order to feel what is love, you must first meet the person u love;
因为了解被爱的感觉,所以才能发现最爱你的人;
Because we know the feeling of being loved, only then do we realize the person who loves you dearly;
当你经历过爱人与被爱,学会了爱,才会知道什么是你需要的,
Once we’ve experienced giving and receiving love, having known what is love, then we will know what is it we really want,
也才会找到最适合你,能够相处一辈子的人。
And find the person best suited for you, with whom you can spend the rest of your life.
但很悲哀的,在现实生活中,这三个人通常不是同一个人;
But the sad thing is, in reality, these three person are usually not in the same body;
你最爱的,往往没有选择你;
Because the one you love most might not choose you;
最爱你的,往往不是你最爱的;
Or the one that loves you most might not be the person you love the most;
而最长久的,偏偏不是你最爱也不是最爱你的,
And the one you share your life with is usually not the one whom you love most, or love you the most,
只是在最适合的时间出现的那个人。
But the one person that comes at the right timing.
你,会是别人生命中的第几个人呢?
So, which person are you in someone’s life?
没有人是故意要变心的,他爱你的时候是真的爱你,
No one will change on purpose, (s)he meant it when (s)he really loves you,
可是他不爱你的时候也是真的不爱你了,
But when (s)he doesn’t love you, (s)he meant it as well,
他爱你的时候没有办法假装不爱你;
(S)he can’t pretend not to love you when (s)he really does love you;
同样的,他不爱你的时候也没有办法假装爱你。
Similarly, (s)he can’t pretend to love you when (s)he don’t.
当一个人不爱你要离开你,
When the love is no longer there, and your loved ones decide to leave you,
你要问自己还爱不爱他,
Ask yourself, do you still love him,
如果你也不爱他了,千万别为了可怜的自尊而不肯离开;
If the answer is “no”, don’t say no and still stay there because of your pride;
如果你还爱他,你应该会希望他过得幸福快乐,
If you still love him, the best you can do is wish him happiness,
希望他跟真正爱的人在一起,绝不会阻止,
And hope he finds the right person to spend their lives with, without stopping him,
你要是阻止他得到真正的幸福,就表示你已经不爱他了,
But if you stand in his way, that means you don’t love him anymore,
而如果你不爱他,你又有什么资格指责他变心呢?
And if you don’t, what right have you got to blame him for leaving?
爱不是占有,
Love does not mean belonging,
你喜欢月亮,不可能把月亮拿下来放在脸盆里,
It is like the Moon, there’s no way you can put it in a pail even though you like it,
但月亮的光芒仍可照进你的房间。
But the moonlight can still shine into your room.
换句话说,你爱一个人,也可以用另一种方式拥有,
In other words, there are different ways of loving someone,
让爱人成为生命里的永恒回忆,
Let it be an eternal memory,
如果你真爱一个人,就要爱他原来的样子 -- 爱他的好,也爱他的坏:
If you truly love someone, love the true him – his good, and his bad :
爱他的优点,也爱他的缺点,
Love all his good and short comings,
绝不能因为爱他,就希望他变成自己所希望的样子,
But do no attempt to turn him into someone of your dreams,
万一变不成就不爱他了。
And dislike him when he cannot become what you wish for.
真正爱一个人是无法说出原因的,
No words can explain why you really love someone,
你只知道无论何时何地、心情好坏,你都希望这个人陪着你;
You can only tell that, at whatever event or outcome, you want to be with him;
真正的感情是两人能在最艰苦中相守,也就是没有丝毫要求。
And true love is only when the couple can withstand all difficulties and make no complaints.
毕竟,感情必须付出,而不是只想获得;
After all, you have to give more than take in a relationship;
分开是一种必然的考验,
And separation is indeed a test,
如果你们感情不够稳固,只好认输,
If your relationship is not strong, you just have to give up,
真爱是不会变成怨恨的。
True love will not become hatred.
两人在谈情说爱的时候,
In a relationship,
最喜欢叫对方发誓,许下承诺我们为什么要对方发誓,
Asking the other person to make sworn promises,
就是因为我们不相信对方,我们根本不相信情人,
Is most likely because we don’t trust the person, our lover,
而这些山盟海誓又很不切实际:
And all these promises are not genuine:
海枯石烂、地老天荒,都不能改变我对你的爱!
And no matter what happens, it cannot change my love for you!
明知道海不会枯、石不会烂、地不会老、天不会荒;
I know the world wouldn’t become square;
就算会,也活不到那时候。
Even if it does, we will not live to see that time.
许下诺言的时候千万注意,不要许下可以实现的诺言,
But when swearing a promise, make sure the promise cannot turn into reality,
最好是承诺做不到的事,
It is better to promise something hard to achieve,
反正做不到的,随便说说也不要紧,
Because it doesn’t matter if you can’t achieve what u promise,
请记住:”不可能实现的诺言最动人”
And do remember: “a story is better acted than said”
在爱情里,说的是一套,做的是另一套;
In the context of love, speech is one thing, love is another;
讲的人不相信,听的人也不相信。
The person saying it and the person listening wouldn’t believe it anyway.
你呢?找到了第几个?
As for you, which one have you found?
茫茫人海中,你遇见了谁?谁又遇见了你?

In such a big world, whom have you met? And who met you?

No comments: