Monday, June 12, 2006

A Baby Born One Blessed Nite…

Since this is the very first (and a very fast one, in fact) multiplication of the PraiseGivers I will witness, I chose to stay home when my parents were scheduled to “balik kampung” for my granddad’s one year death “anniversary”… Friends, both mine and that of my parents, were curious and started asking me what made me choose cell over holiday with family… Becoz it was a FIRST multiplication event, otherwise I would have followed my family back… Just love my hometown, so I wudnt miss the wonderful time if it wasn’t for the fact that it clashes with such a BIG event for the PraiseGivers

[Side track a little… Having experienced four days of daily routine without my parents (of coz I had my grandma and her maid over just for the sake of safety and a little company at night), I would say that besides needing a little help with cooking lunch and dinner, I very much prefer to live alone rather than having another person in the house to tell me to do this and that, and to instruct me on petty petty things which I pretty well know how to manage myself, haha… I thought I could have a little freedom to do my own things, but I definitely thought wrong… Every now and then, I will be asked to give a call to my parents just to see how they were coping, where have they arrived, what were they doing and what time they would do wat… Grrrgghh!! Lord, grant me more patience!! Haha… Hmm :p All in all, other than having to bite my tongue and hold my irritation of being controlled, I had fun… Wahaha (wonder what will my parents reaction/response be if they happen to bump into this)]

Now the main point of this entry… Mixed feelings: A sad and happy day at the same time, haha… You must be thinking what crap am I talking about, sad and happy?? Sad becoz of the fact that we, my cell group, had to multiply again only after 8 mths, so fast… On the other hand, it’s a joyful occasion knowing that we could begin a new journey with new sets of cell members for each cell, the old and new… Looking forward to spurring one another to grow more in the Lord again *winkz* Anyways, quite a bit of procedures that we went through tho, like the “breaking of bread” in line with those Bible times, heh…

Then there’s also the explanation from our zone leader choon ean about the significance of the 4 different cups that they took together with the bread (roti canai and capati… hahaha)…



And bla bla :p Ooh, and the washing of hands by Pastor Seng Fei our zone pastor to signify that we are cleansed and thereafter choose to stay pure b4 God…


The humility of Jesus washing the feet of His disciples were replayed, depicting servanthood… it was a very humbling sight to see the leaders washing the feet of those called to be under their leadership, also as a sign that, being our shepherd, they are willing to serve us… Somehow, Pastor Seng Fei, wasn’t in the picture, but he was there to witness the whole event… Setting an example, it started off with choon ean washing the feet of both the cell leaders, j-son and connor

Now comes the cell leaders doing that for their appointed sheeps (no pics la, shy… heheh…) we were not informed in advanced of whose leadership we would be following, but right then it would be obvious for whoever washes our feet would be our leader… Right then, my prayer was: “Lord, I submit to wherever You have called me, and whoever You have placed above me… but most of all I submit to You.” So, Connor, and the rest of you who are in the same cell, may we work hand in hand, serving the Lord as we serve one another and even others outside our circle *cheers*

Here are those who will remain with j-son as the PraiseGivers… and probably continue on their journey together as PraiseGivers part 2, someone said… hahaha :p

Ooh, I forgot… We have our very own name now, a beautiful one… And yes, a LightHouse we shall be, shining for Jesus… Walao, coincidentally it has the same meaning with my name, haha :p LightHouse, an 8-month-old premature baby, born of their mother de PraiseGivers, on the 9th june 2006… So from now on, you shall hear more of LightHouse and their happenings… Stay tuned!!

Happy Birthday Praise Givers & Light House… Wahaha XD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting ceremony you guys had. :)

Elaine said...

eheh, ceremony :p i guess that's the way it is wif a methodist church.. everything else is rule-based, or shud i say well-planned procedure ;) still gotta get used to how they work, heh..