Saturday, August 13, 2005

SUCH A DIRECT ANSWER… IT CAN ONLY COME FROM U, LORD!!

Many a times we’d come before God praying and seeking for an answer, telling him to have his way in us… no matter what the outcome may be, we’ll be obedient and submit to his will for our lives… but halfway down the road, what happens? somehow or other, we’d tend to succumb to our own desires all over again… because of watever it is we that we desire so desperately, we tend to compromise that initial standards and principles that was set for ourselves…

Prayers for a certain requests have been put on hold because I have not seen the results coming forth… “well, it is God who knws me and my hearts desires best, so, just wait…” was my response when questioned on this topic… “but didn’t the bible say ‘ask, and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you’?” Besides, Jesus also said, “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Hmm, sure made sense… So, then I started praying for it again, and as I was having my quiet time, communing with Him this morning, I brought this lil request of mine to Him, believing that “in His time, He will make all things beautiful…”

Not even an hour later, I came across this website that delivers a message so clearly I believe it’s God speaking to me in reply to my prayers (since I asked Him for an answer)… a lil extraction from it:

Just keep your eyes on Me, expecting the greatest things. Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I AM. Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you. You must be patient.

Don't be anxious. Don't worry.Don't look around at the things others have. Don't look at the things you think you want. Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to give you.

Somehow, after reading that lil article from the web, as I was dwelling on the wonderful ways that He works, this song just came to mind… it’s truly very encouraging!! Lyrics goes:

In His time, in His time
He makes ALL things beautiful
In His time
Lord, please show me everyday
As You’re teaching me Your ways
That You do just what You say
In Your time.


In Your time, in Your time
You make all things beautiful
In Your time
Lord, my life to You I bring
May each song I have to sing
Be to You a lovely thing
In Your time.

Well, what more can I say… Going against Your will only mean one thing!! I will regret later… ok, Lord, in total surrender, I place my life in Your hands… You have Your way in me… thank You, Jesus for speaking!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..elaine..God is speaking to me through this song too! ahha...<3

-shin yee-

Elaine said...

eheh... i guess He's juz teaching us that humbling lesson of patiently waiting on Him rather than taking things hurriedly in our own hands, huh?

i'm guessing that we're facing the same situation here? hmm... *winkz*