Sunday, August 21, 2005

STRESSFUL DAY... BUT ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!

I was trying to explain something to wei yesterday when he mentioned that he needed help with the chorus board today for the Saturday service as he wont be around to do it… coincidence that I asked him? definitely not!! I take it as God trying to set a training ground for me to start getting involved in something new, hehe… Well, I mentioned that I wasn’t sure about the timing since I’d be going on a visitation to the old folks’ home at 2 pm and not knowing what time the visitation will end… but anyway, I promised to get to church in time for the worship no matter what…

Anyway, hin ling had organized something of such sort and I decided to go out and do something worthwhile rather than sit at home on a Saturday, not doing anything… it was truly a very fruitful one as we get to just spend time with the “aunties and uncles”,
(oh, brought some snacks for them to munch - health food for 'em - milo, plus some cakes, eheh) just talking to them and basically putting a smile on their face and bringing joy into their lives…

They were really touched by our presence there and began to have friendly chats with us, some of whom were sharing about their lives and the things that they went through and stuff…

others were just spending their time away watching tv or just merely resting in their rooms… after serving them their tea, I had to signal to niza to make a move, since I had to be in church latest by 1630, but somehow we were held back by one of the “po po’s” there…


So, we only got up to leave at about 1615 and church starts in 45 minutes… 45 minutes to rush there, which would really mean skipping practice… oh no, I definitely cudnt afford to miss practice, since this is adult service, and not any youth service… no play play, man!! Oh well, I was leaving from somewhere near amcorp mall and heading back to taman sea? In 45 minutes? Could that be possible? Gasp, panic panic!! Hmm, I started praying silently that all traffic lights would miraculously be green all the way and that there will be no jam!! And so, guiding niza (BG’s volunteer) through the shortest short-cut I knew, and with her going at only 80 km/h (I was tempted to tell her to step at it and shoot on… haha, this is how I’d be if I had the chance to drive and all the more when I'm in a hurry) all praise and glory to God that we managed to arrive church right on the dot!! Woo hoo, thank you, Jesus!!

Yea, I might have missed the most important part, the practice, which explains why I fumbled at the chorus board with a couple of mistakes… but again, thank God that it was only Saturday service, so it wasn’t all that bad, anyway, hehe… crowd wasn’t that big… it was only Saturday service and I was shivering anxiously for fear of making mistakes… imagine me doing it for both the services on Sunday? Stress!! But well, most important thing was that I made it to church in time for the service… all glory to God!! At least I kept my promise to wei, hehe…

Two achievements for today!! I must admit it’s God's hand at work… amen? *winkz*

No comments: