Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A BREAKAWAY FROM THE USUAL NORM…

Left for fraser’s hill on Saturday morn… thank God for the safe journey to and back from fraser’s… all in all, we, or at least I had a great time there, hehe… besides keng sing and gang having to carry me up and down those stairs, all other activities were fun and enjoyable… it was a long while since I went on a trip alone with friends without parents, hehe…

It was truly a great time getting to know the dumc bunch, sharing stuff about each of our church… apart from me, the rest of em were from dumc and their friends, some of whom were non Christians… we (I mean, they) were at the horse riding place and took turns going on a ride, afterwhich we broke the ice while getting to know each other, kinda cool *winkz* a time of play and a time to be serious, haha… played pictionary at night… whoa, funny, just by observing the creative ways they could come up with, just to win the points over for our own groups… kiasu, kiasi, all kinds of description for each group… their idea and imagination on how to bring (act out, to be exact) out the exact word, really is interesting to watch, hehe…

When they were done with the games and started arranging for places to sleep, I really thank God for the opportunity to be able to share deeper about Christ and living a christian life to sandy… she is worshipping in dumc, but joins grace for the working adult lunch in the kl centre… she had asked me some questions about our christian faith which I tried to explain to her with the help of the HS… after that somehow, calvin came in and joined us in the conversation, so I let him do the explanation, since he was the intern… better understanding, haha… well, I do hope and pray that sandy gets a clearer pic of how the christian faith works…

Weather wasn’t really that cold as I tot it would be, so was able to sleep well… then the next day, on Sunday, we had a time of worship by sarah and calvin the guitarist, a short sharing by keng sing the cell leader, two testimonies by agnes and calvin respectively, afterwhich we broke in small groups and began to present the jn 3:16 diagram to their friends… praying that God will begin to touch their hearts as they listened to the sharing, I truly wanna praise the Lord for that one soul that was saved…

In the afternoon, we went back to the kayaking place and thinking that it would be a hassle for me to get on the boat, I just told them to carry on without me… but they kinda coaxed me into getting me involved saying that, “since we’re already here, it’s no harm giving it a try, just for experience sake…” and so I went and it was truly an experience, being the first time doin crazy things like that, hehe…

Oh well, all in all, it was truly a great refreshing time there… with the most important purpose achieved: enjoy, getting to know the dumc bunch and drawing closer to God once again through the sharing with one another… after all, we’re one big family of God, right?

No comments: