Sunday, February 19, 2006

PERSISTENTLY PERSISTENT

It juz amazes me how persistent one can be in digging, questioning and interrogating a person juz to get the latter to spill the beans on the latest, juicy stories happening in their lives… like do we sense any sparks flying around two certain people, or who we are personally interested in and currently crushing on, just to name a few… haih… haha =p

Lemme bring you back to the beginning of this year (probably the 2nd or 3rd Friday of january) where, during cell, we were each required to list down our personal vision(s) and objective(s) for year 2006 as future reminders for ourselves… And so, in the midst of explaining the diff between the two, j-son my cell leader, gave an example so as to help us have a better understanding with our task of listing them down… Quoting juz a fraction of what he’d said, “Lemme give you an example… maybe one of xxx’s visions can be that of finding her other half” (hey, don’t laugh!! At least whoever had that thought actually had a focus/aim to pray towards *winkz* haha) Hmm, interesting *lol* and so, because he started that, two or three of us girls were beginning to get caught up with that topic, hehe… yes, people… you guessed it!! Girl talk begins!! But why does it always have to be about this topic?? Haha… anyways, we started exchanging (sharing is caring, huh?) info about the qualities that each of us were looking for in our future partners… gosh, how did we get into this? It was an interesting topic, tho, heheh =p but of course, if all of you know me well enuff, I was the shy and quiet one, so I let them do the talking… I just listened and observed, haha…

Anyways, having had quite an experience with a friend before (and lemme assure you that it was definitely not a good one), where I trusted this person, or so I thought I could, but ended up hurting myself in the course of it instead, I decided that this time around, I should be careful not to dive too deep into it, tho this person was curiosly pestering me to share this particular story of mine and confidently assured me that I could trust her to keep that secret safe… haha, fat chance, dear… nono, not so fast!! Unless, of course, we have known each other, to a certain extent of length in time, then I’d probably consider, otherwise i prefer not to… besides, it’s only almost 2 months that I joined the PraiseGivers (that’s the name of my current cell, btw), so I still needed time to get to know each member REALLY well), not that I don’t trust her, but I should be reminded of what I had gone thru before, therefore being careful and cautious not to let history repeat itself *lol*

And so it got me thinking and pondering upon our relationships with Jesus… are we that persistent when it comes to our walk with Him? Do we really desire to ask Him questions after questions, juz to get to know Him better? Or questions pertaining to our lives, which we very well know that He holds the answers to them in His hands and juz waiting for us to go and seek Him? It is truly a privilege for us to know Him as our personal Saviour, but how far do we go or what efforts do we take to maintain that relationship, and better still stand up for it?

Personally, I am truly grateful for the many things He has done for me… particularly in bringing me thru another level in Him… December 23rd, 2005 is a date which I will never forget or take for granted of, really!! It is a special date that marks my spiritual breakthru in Him *winkz* not that I wasn’t spiritually active or sensitive to Him… I juz wanted something more!! And He has definitely been so gracious, faithful and wonderful to me in more ways than one…

1 Samuel 15:22 ~ But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Obedience is far better than sacrifice. Listening to Him is much better than offering the fat of rams…” (from the New Living Translation – NLT)

No comments: