Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dream Job...

A few weeks ago, we played an ice breaker for WELCOME session. “Share with us your dream job or a career that you wished you had or wanted to do.” A variety of dream jobs to select from, and mine was to be a counselor. Such a job suited me, a person who doesnt really love to talk much. Even when around people, I would more often be found listening than joining in the conversations.

Yesterday, the counselor in me had a chance to prove itself. One of my students showed excitement when talikng about his mother. Little did he know that it will stir up emotions of my dear 宝仪. Having been her teacher and friend for exactly 9 months now, I knew that the one thing she is most emotional about is her mother. Every time this scene takes place, I will be nervous inside for I am not sure of what I should really do.

All I could do was just hug her and let her cry. I am in no position to counsel her in this area because I am not in her shoes. From the classroom to the “car park”. There is nothing I can do, but every time such things happen, I am moved to say a prayer for her. That is all I can do. Yes, my dream job (next to a newscaster) is to be a cxxxxxxxr. Actually this reminds me of the times 宝仪 also did her share in being my listener. When I had the “issue”, she was my faithful friend. I wasnt asking for much, all I wanted was someone to listen to my craps back in January through May. Though she may be a very young teenager, she understood my dilemma, and was concern for all that I was going through. 宝仪,谢谢你在我需要支持的时候,都一直在我身边!

Little did I know that on the same night, Wai Ling suddenly buzzed me on msn asking me to call her. I didn’t know that she was going through all that she was going through. But here again, she was sharing her heart. Haha. Don’t know why, very lately, ever since Andrew played the ice breaker in cell, I feel the tugging and nudging to research counseling courses. Is it something I am supposed to pray about? What say You, Lord? Dream? Fantasy? Assumptions? Escapes?

Addition: As of 20:17:47, I got a call from him. I could not help shivering with excitement and nervousness at the same time. It is something I should be praying hard about and acting fast (if it ever was the Lord’s will)

No comments: