Sunday, February 11, 2007

WHERE IS YOUR HEART?

Indeed a question that has long been thrown at me. Truly, where is my heart? Finally, out of the abundance of my heart, my mouth spoke. Could she now understand that I love where I am right now because I feel very at home with the new group of people? Is it a place that I have been attached to for decades but cud not call “home”? Or is it a place of “home” which I eventually have to let it slip thru my fingers because I cud never be attached to it due to circumstances?

Where is my heart?
DUMC? It is seriously no point bluffing and covering up anymore than I used to. Indeed, DUMC is a place I feel so connected to… No need for anymore debate or argument on this issue, haha… Action speaks louder than words *winkz* It is definitely obvious when they insistently wanted to come visit me in the hospital, despite their busy schedules, juz to be with me… Thanks, guys!! Really appreciate all of it :)

Speaking of which, only 4 days in that horrible hospital, and I’m already facing so many ugly experiences (biasa la)… Boredom is definitely first on the list, haha :)) Eat, sleep… eat sleep… haiyoh!! Was admitted on Tuesday, initially with the doctor’s intention of draining the water out of my swollen kidneys… harrr?? :O now, whatever on earth is hydronephrosis?

Anyway, I was scheduled for a CT scan at 2.45 pm yesterday. With that I was told to fast food and liquid until the scan was over… It came up to a total of 22 hrs of fast!! Oh, the taste of water on my lips was indescribable, haha… After that 22 long hours, I consumed one whole litre bottle of water in a gulp. And my mom’s Tom Yam bee hoon was super awesome, haha. Anyway, the fact that I was released back home even for a day feels really great, after pestering & sweet talking the doctors, haha… But then, I came home with a swollen back of my hand because the doctor had recklessly poked my bone instead of a vein, which she only realized after I gave a loud shriek!! What, you mean you doctors don’t know how to differentiate a vein and a bone? haha :)) made my whole right arm numb *sigh*

I have to be back there again tomorrow, latest in the evening because an opt to remove the fibroid in my stomach is to be done on Monday… But I shall be out of the hospital soon, and be back to cell like usual again… wait for me!!

[p/s: ooh, *pstt* there is this cute Indian doctor (fairer side of an Indian la), who, I think, is in charge of the gynecology ward :p good that my bed is by the door, hehe… I can take a peep whenever he pass by, kekeke XD I didn’t know hospital oso can “cuci mata” one la *LOL*]

1 comment:

Peter said...

You should not drink so much water at one go. By doing that you are overloading your kidneys. Here's wishing you all the best in your treatments.