Tuesday, February 20, 2007

TOO YOUNG FOR A HYSTERECTOMY!!!

A nephrostomy is done, now what? Why does the word hysterectomy come so many times from so many doctor’s mouth? Just because the fibroid is too huge to be operated on, doesn’t mean I have to have a hysterectomy, right? Excuse me, I am only 25!! It is not the matter of whether my future husband would mind if I could not bear him any children, it is my personal desire to have children of my own, haha :)) the problem is me, haha. I am just too young for a hysterectomy!!

Dr. Selvam did warn me of the risk of a hysterectomy in the event of heavy bleeding while removing the fibroid. But the Lord knows my heart’s desire, which I think it’s His wisdom on the doctor to come and tell me that the opt is called off. That Monday morning itself, Dr. Selvam came by to see me and prepare me again for the opt in the afternoon. Having seen that I was so insistent in bugging him about helping preserve my uterus, he came back again, within 5 minutes, with the CT scan results, and changed the whole plan. So it is that the opt is called off, replacing it with Zoladex to shrink the stupid fibroid first.

Right now, after the nephrostomy, I would still have to readmit for another procedure, inserting a “stent” but dunno for what, haha… as long as I recover, and surgery is totally unnecessary :p all I know is I AM TOO YOUNG FOR A HYSTERECTOMY, AND I REFUSE IT IN THE NAME OF JESUS *winkz*

4 comments:

Peter said...

It is good that you are making it your choice whether to go through what the doctor suggested. Nevertheless, it is also good to weigh the risks. Whatever it is... I am praying for you. All the best.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya.. all the best..

as you know i've deleted my blog edi.. *sob sob*.. sigh.. how's work gurl.. hardly go online now..

miss ya

SHI NA

Elaine said...

peter: thx for ur prayers!! i hv all de while been praying hard dat i dun even have to go thru de surgery.. but bcos de nephrostomy was a total failure, the opt is unavoidable.. haih :p so i am scheduled for monday la.. hish

ms. anony: thx for ur wishes dear. but i have quit work some time ago liao leh :p health is more important than work.. i will be alrite once de stupid fibroid is gone, haha.. miss u too, since i hvnt been in grace for so super long.. kekeke..

Anonymous said...

oo u noticed eh... wuu i'm so touched..

yep, I've not been attending church lately, got clases on the weekends.. sigh

O my goodness u've got a fibroid! (SORRY,i didn't read ur posts, will do it now)

I'll keep u in prayer.. hope you're getting beeter..

*hugs*

SHI NA