Saturday, January 27, 2007

CROSSING THE "RED SEA"


The story of The Red Sea experience in the Bible is no unfamiliar scene if we know our Scriptures well. It has never been so significant to me before than tonight. Evie’s sharing was short and sweet, yet powerfully projected. Crossing the red sea over to the promise land depicts a successful journey. But what about the Egyptians that came after them? Moses answered the people in verse 13 about not being afraid for the Egyptians that they see today they will see no more. With that I am believing that the “Egyptian” that I have in my life today, I will see no more.

Senior Pastor Henry’s favourite verse whenever it comes to the Holy Communion is that of Isaiah 53:4-5 and I’m claiming it.

It was truly God’s divine appointment that these 3 songs were chosen for worship. With Evie gracefully on the piano, I really felt such peace and comfort from the Lord, hehe.

YOU LAID ASIDE YOUR MAJESTY (click here for chords)

You laid aside Your majesty
Gave up everything for me
Suffered at the hands of those You have created
You took all my guilt and shame
When You died and rose again
Now today You reign in heaven and earth exalted.

I really want to worship You, my Lord
You have won my heart and I am Yours
Forever and ever I will love You
You are the only One who died for me
Gave Your life to set me free
So I lift my voice to You in adoration.

I STAND IN AWE

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depths of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above.

And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You.

THANK YOU FOR THE CROSS

Thank You for the cross, the mighty cross
That God Himself should die for such as us
And everyday we’re changed into Your image
More and more
Yes, by the cross we’re truly been transformed

We’re so amazed, and we give You praise
That You would save us, at such a cost
We’re so amazed, and we give You praise
For the power of the cross.

No comments: