Friday, December 16, 2005

FOOD FOR THE SPIRIT, ENCOURAGEMENTS TO THE SOUL...

Wow, really felt so refreshed after reading a mail sent by evie (one of the members of the new grp)… ooh, I cud relate SO well to it it’s like as if God is speaking to me too, hehe =D this mail was actually forwarded to all her members in a form of encouragement to them, and she cc-ed it to me as well… I was truly blessed!! Thanx evie *winkz*

Shared 3 verses, which in her understanding, she went on to explain them further…


i) pro 3:5
Trust in the LORD and lean not on your own understanding;

ii) zech 4:6
“Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,” says the Lord Almighty.

iii) matt 5:46 - 48

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Looking back at it all of these three verses, how much more significant cud they be in MY own life? Lord, thank You!!

PRO 3:5... While evie shared about how God works in touching her friend so that she responded and hungered for more of the Lord through their Sunday message, I felt that He was bringing back pictures of my own life (gosh, even in the midst of my work?? Haha) so I cud do some pondering as well… Yes, indeed it has taught me that in wateva I desire and yearn for, it’s best that I surrender everything and begin to trust in Him not a little bit, neither abit more, but FULLY for truly He, and only He alone, knows best!! At one point, I was so anxious in wanting a certain something that, yes I prayed, but I wasn’t praying the way I should have been praying… I was telling Him that such and such is what I want, pls grant it to me now that I’ve voiced it out in prayer!! But somehow this verse jumped out at me today, and finally I see the significance of it… in this particular area, of course… Lean not on my own, hmm…

ZECH 4:6... Evie said she learnt that she cud not lead them to Christ in her own timing, but it is God’s timing (that will bring forth the fruit, whatever the case)… She added that the Holy Spirit is the One that will do the work (in this case bringing her frens to Christ)… All we need to do is to juz pray… Simple, right?? *winkz* But earnestly and fervently, that is, of course!! Well said, evie *high five* No matter how much effort we put in, it’s all worthless and pointless if the hand of God is not upon it… Also, like proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s hearts, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” Like I said earlier, at one point I was so anxious for it, but then realizing the fact that only God can work miracles, now, at THIS point, I have totally surrendered and told the Lord that, despite those desires STILL burning in me, I will CHOOSE to obey His will, even if it means giving that desire back to Him… Lord, help me as I live each day according to Your will!!

MATT 5:46 - 48... Speaks of the coming trip to the homes we’ll be visiting this Sunday (excitement boiling within me, hehe)… It says, “If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.” I like how the New Living Translation puts it: “If you love only those who love you, what good is that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your frens, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect.” Love is not supposed to be showered only for the lovable but also the unlovely, the unwanted, the neglected… THAT was what Jesus came to do anyway, right? He came to seek and save the lost!! Since I’ve had some experience on dealing with OKU children a few years back, I know what it means to “handle” them with care… socially and emotionally… Lord, thank You for that experience (a preparation ground, I wud say) You gave me, having had the opportunity to be able to work closely with them, and understand them deeper… They might be different, very different if I may say so, on the outside… But deep down, nothing makes them more different than anyone of us becoz Jesus still loves them all the same!! Amen? And I believe He has a divine purpose for each and every one of them because their lives will one day reflect the glory of the Father Himself!!

Praying towards Sunday, asking for your Holy Spirit to go with us, and be our Guide!! May it all work out according to Your plans, so that Your name be glorified, amen!!

No comments: