Tuesday, September 27, 2005

ANGELS' "GRADUATION" CEREMONY

24TH, SATURDAY

Gosh, I totally made a fool outta myself!! Isshh!! Never will I accept an offer to go on stage and share anymore!! *shivers*

I started attending the “let love grow” (LLG, one of BG’s activities) meeting in BG a couple weeks back… thinking of just sitting in and listening to what the plans and programs were… little did I know that it was trouble I got myself into!! Darn!!

One part of the event was supposed to be a sharing session by a few selected OKU’s… sharing on how they can still love themselves despite all the trials they faced being OKU’s, what was it that made them determined to go on… then sort of sensing that SC (siew chin) will call on me, I kinda looked down at my notes, pretending to be jotting down important stuff, writing and wateva, praying REAAAL HARD that she will not call me… but thanx to jia yee, who just had to nominate me, there wasn’t any escape for me liao… knowing SC, no matter how hard I tried to squirm my way out, it will still be in vain… Haihh…

So, fine!! On this day itself, I felt really nervous… I really had the urge to chicken out, go and tell SC that I'm calling it quits… but somehow, I didn’t… but really, all my burning-midnight-oil and brain-cracking for ideas of what to write went straight in the drain when I went up that scary looking stage (in Summit… shopping complex, of all places!!)… goodness, it’s really so embarrassing to just lose your train of thoughts and end up stoning there, not knowing how to continue… I dono what else to say, I just know that it’ll take me a really, really long time to get stage fright out of myself… wonder how some people are just so naturally spontaneous, haihz…

Well, all in all, just thank God for that experience, even tho it’s a bad one ><





25TH, SUNDAY

Having attended the camp in UKM (in apr recently) together, which is the first part out of 3 parts, and learning lotsa stuff about one another, the volunteers a.k.a the “angels”, are then required to go and serve in the community (a centre of their choice)… they were required to spend 15 hrs helping out in whichever areas that the centres needed help in… afterwhich they will obtain their second wing… the first wing is automatically earned when they attended the camp itself…

And the third part would obviously be this graduation ceremony… And it is finally here, yoohoo *smiles* I'm not scheduled for any duties today since the LLG event is over and done with… but I'm here to support those “graduating angels”, hehe… CONGRATULATIONS to all you angels out there!! Great job done, really!! Thanx for going all out!!


After the ceremony, we sat down in discussion to plan for another similar camp next year… woohoo… and guess what? the response were 100% frm the crowd (volunteers & OKU’s), hooray!! Well I'll definitely go again, trust me… nothing else will stop me, che wah… hehe ><

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recycled Tyres Bags and Furniture by Mecha
Paula Alvarado, Buenos Aires Boy we've looked for this woman everywhere! We first checked her work in an Mtv show, but her website was down and we couldn't find any link to her.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a fantasy football help site. It pretty much covers fantasy football help related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

lil'princess said...

hi Elaine..I didn't know you have a blog... mine is
chinatsu-shiawase.blogspot.com

Hey, you did well on your speech, you know!!! I didn't expect you will go up the stage without looking at your paper and in my mine I thought you were calm enough to speak your thoughts but I am totally wrong!!!

haha... that's me, i guess...

*esther* said...

hahaha..it's ok larr... we all learn. besides u have been doing well all these while. dont let just one thing bring u down. =P

Elaine said...

hey est, thx for that encouragement *winkz* yea, i believe that we shud not let ONE thing bring us down...

guess i'm juz not ready for dat kinda "big crowd attn", hehe =p

it oso refers to "a certain other stuff", if u knw wat i mean ><