Tuesday, April 01, 2008

WHAT IS FAITH??


I may very well have Hebrews 11:1 at the tip of my fingers, but do I really grasp the meaning & significance of it? People say I am stupid, stubborn (固执) and whatever else they hurled at me, but who are they to question my faith? I had a reason for doing what I did.

I arrived church that Saturday evening, on my electric wheelchair, a friend accompanied me on his bike :p it was super gloomy early on that day, threatening to pour... My students knew of my intentiion to go to church that day, so they were feeding me with negative remarks about the gloomy weather... All the more I started praying and nullifying the dark clouds. I left
Beautiful Gate, after my class, with prayers that the rain will be held back until I stepped into church grounds. Miraculously, God did just that for me ;)
p/s: What is more funny is that it rained cats and dogs only after I entered church grounds, and continued raining throughout the service... and stopped when it was time to get home ;)

Why did the Bible explain Hebrews 11:1 the way it did? What does it really mean by
“… a substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen” What then, is faith? I trusted Him, and He answered my prayers, woohoo... Indeed, He is a Beautiful Saviour, a God of all majesty!! My God of majesty just held back the rain for me to be able to be in His house... Is it coincidentally that this song was being sung that day? I dont think so ;)

Beautiful Saviour lyrics & chords here

I really like and admire Pastor Daniel for his mountain-moving faith, seriously!! Imagine a thanksgiving dinner in an uncovered, wide-open space when you know that the weather can unpredictably bring rain. Pastor, you the man... Wahaha xP and I know you were irritated and upset that we of little faith left the dinner halfway thru when it started only drizzling :p kekeke..

The rainbow above Dream Centre, God's covenant to us ~~ 23 March, Sunday (easter)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 cheers for your faith
elaine!
Don't stop trusting HIM
have a fruitful week ahead! :-))

Elaine said...

heya, thx!! i sure hope i can have the strength to keep trusting Him, haha...

p/s: how come i cant get linked to ur blog? cant read any of ur entry at all??

Anonymous said...

You sure can
from this seed it will grow
just as you water it, care for it,
it surely will grow.

The strength comes from Him,
He is the source of all thing.
You know the way to receive the strength, right?

What He begins in you He will bring to perfection
Never give up!!! :-))


I don't know how come you can't get in to my blog?
http://yuqiong67.blogspot.com/

can i have you email add?

Elaine said...

yea, thx again for the encouragement, really!! to be honest, i was at a point of giving up, haha..

God's grace.. i need His grace to stand even when the closest people ridicule me.. haih :p

p/s: thx, thx.. i oso dunno how come i am not linked..